Saturday, January 27, 2007

Willkommen!

Last night Em and I went out to the Black Forest Restaurant (near West Chester) for dinner. In our new Entertainment Guide (thanks Mom) we had a buy-1-get-1-free coupon and we had seen advertisements for the place for a while so we decided to check it out. Also it turns out there is something called the German Mardi Gras?, which the restaurant was celebrating in full force ... so there was no question, we were there.

The food was really good, the atmosphere was very fun, the live music which was starting up when we were finishing sounded great, and our waitress' outfit was interesting. All in all a good evening. The prices were a little on the high side (if we hadn't gotten Em's dinner for free) but not so much that I wouldn't go back the next time I had a hankering for German food.

We both started with hot slaw (neither of us had had this before, but it was exactly what we imagined and very good). Em had the Chicken Schnitzel Oskar (Breaded, sautéed and topped with crabmeat & asparagus. Served with Hollandaise Sauce and boiled red potatoes) while I had the German Sauerbraten (Marinated eye of the rounds of beef. Then roasted and served with a sweet and sour sauce and buttered spatzles) and we shared a side order of potato pancakes. Everything was cooked perfectly and very yummy. We finished it all off with a slice of hazelnut torte. So good.

...

Tonight I am going to try my hand at making chicken and risotto infused with goat cheese and peppers. Lets all hope for the best. :)

No comments: