Monday, January 22, 2007

Daily Photo 6

Two scans from tonight. The first was from this package of hot chocolate mix I drank (Em and I got them around xmas time). It was white chocolate mix, a chocolate covered spoon, and marshmallows. I thought the whole idea of "snowman poop" was a pretty funny marketing ploy (I think I have seen it before somewhere else) plus the captions reads: "You've been naughty this year so here's the scoop, All you get for Christmas is this Snowman Poop! Il neige, il neige ... l'hiber arrive" I am not sure what the non-english is, but it makes it even funnier.






The second is a scan of a piece of paper I saw at OfficeMax. They had a display for sharpie pens where you can test them out and see how they are doing (yeah, they were colors, they worked). They had tons of little pads of paper out for people to test write on and I saw this drawn on one. The "Messed up Cat!" I thought was a decent piece. Probably from the post-modern period. Although I thought the un-named artist's earlier works were much better. Now ... the "Trogdor!" I thought was very nice. I wonder who the mystery artist was, but they were obviously a deeply disturbed person with a lot of personal anguish. That or a huge StrongBad fan :)


Work today was better. Actually got into some of the real work we will be doing. Should be some good development work, enterprise integration, and will force me to finally learn web services, SOAP, XPATH, JDOM, etc. which I know a little of but need to learn more about. I am just glad to be finally working on a real project.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

boules de neige = snowballs
il neige = it's snowing
l'hiver arrive = winter is coming
why it says l'hiBer, I don't know

Anonymous said...

i said Consummate V's, CONSUMMATE V's

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trogdor

Anonymous said...

true, but specifically from the strong bad emails

it's like SB says in one of the emails, nobody goes to homestarrunner.com to see homestar, they want the SB emails!