Good ideas
I am using the "link" field for this post for the first time. Not 100% sure what it will do but if you can't find a link here it is.
Funny little web-comic about places you shouldn't work. Found it via DZone. Thought I would share it with you-all.
The acronym one is very true.
--------
When I came in today and started working on some training stuff @ GAIC ... I definitely tried hitting COMMAND+C, COMMAND+~, and CTRL+LEFT several times ... each before realizing why the thing wasn't working. It took me about 5 minutes to get readjusted but I am still almost hitting ALT about once an hour. Suprising how fast your habits can change.
[UPDATE] Ahhhhh it makes the header link to the site. Yeah thats not obvious so this will probably be the last time I use it.

1 comment:
unfortunately it's all too true everywhere so you can't really avoid workplaces that do it.
At my old job, there were so many acronyms for our lab testing products, our equipment, our scientific methods, our programs, our metrics, our systems and our applications. One guy joined us from outside and never could quite catch on. When he quit I gave him a can of alphabet soup to remember us by.
I did think that when I signed on to the hospital group, this would diminish. Fat chance! It's about the same except that I'm the one who doesn't know anything. Plus there are some similar ones to keep straight:
PICU = Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
PACU = Post Anesthesia Care Unit
ED = Emergency Dept (at work)
but
ED = Eretile Dysfuntion (on TV)
CDT = Clinical DeskTop
but
CDC = Centers for Disease Control
In times past, only the elite could claim to be a 'man of letters'. Now when we all can finally claim it, they have renamed us all associates !
Post a Comment