New Client Today
I am at my new client (GreatAmerican Insurance) as of 8 this morning and things are going ok.
I will have training the next couple weeks and am not sure how often I will be able to post during work hours. I will post a bigger update tonight.
In case you were worried, the new Mac is still on its way somewhere presumably between CA and OH (the tracking says it left CA but has yet to be updated to where it has arrived)
Oh, and one other thing for Marmot .... in case you wanted another reason to want a Mac ... I saw a tip today that said that the calculator built into Mac OS X has a RPN mode built in. :)
[EDIT 12:09 PM] I was talking to a fellow Sark on the beach last week who has a MacBook Pro. We were talking about BootCamp and some other stuff and everything he said was promising for how well it all works. Only one problem came up .... I mentioned that I had gotten the Bluetooth keyboard and mouse. He said he had thought about it previously, and had always wondered about using one and trying to install/boot into bootcamp. The reason being, that when running the install process (or even when trying to hit the key combination to boot into windows) the BT keyboard may not be recognized or setup. I just got done glancing around MacRumors.com's forums and some other sites and it looks like it can be setup but requires you to have a normal USB keyboard around when installing. Once XP is installed, you can add the correct drivers for the BT keyboard and mouse and use that. Hopefully I will be able to get it to work. I don't want to buy Parallels before they release the next version but I don't want have to have two keyboards around when/if I want to use Windows (only Quicken so far as something I won't have a Mac version of)

2 comments:
The problem i have with the bluetooth mighty mouse is that the mouse is incapable of detecting when both buttons are being held down. If you click the left then the right it still senses the left based on how they designed it.
Normally this isnt an issue but when you play WoW and right click is mouse look and left click is run you need both buttons.
I bought a Logitech bluetooth portable mouse instead.
As for them working in boot camp, i dont know, i bought parallels.
mmmm.... RPN.
Post a Comment