Friday, January 5, 2007

Pre-weekend update

I don't have any big plans for this weekend other than working on my computer, working out, and relaxing ... :-D ... just how I wanted it. Tonight is a Steak-n-shake night, yay coupons in the mail, and maybe watching IceAge which I got from my parents for Christmas.

So far, this week on the "beach" has been pretty uneventful. Most of my time has been spent surfing the internet, wishing people would update their blogs more often ;) and researching/working on my Mosaic project. Actually, I have put together almost an entire simplified version of what it will be and things are looking up. I have one more class to write (arguably the hardest for this version 0.1) but then I will be finished with a "working" skeleton which I am proud of. I implemented very "simple" versions of each of my components (tile-match-er, plan-builder, library, and mosaic-builder) which implement all of my desired functions but in very basic ways (the tile-match-er always chooses the first image from the library to match your tile to ... hey it works, quit laughing :) ). Next up will be advancing each module to be better and closer to the final product.

I have found several areas where I think performance will be an issue and I haven't yet come up with any good solutions. The project is definitely duable, I just need to figure out how long each of these operations will take and what clever ways I can balance runtime size and execution speed to have it do what I want it to do. Should be interesting. I will probably post again when I come to each one and talk about the problem and my ideas for solutions. Hopefully I can get some good comments.

Other than that, not a whole lot is going on. Just trying to stay busy waiting for the 15th so that I can start out at GreatAmerican and waiting for the Jan. 9th for MacWorld and ordering my new computer. I have been trying very hard not to post about it until I at least have it ordered, but I may break down before then. The fact that Josh got his new MBP last night isn't helping any at all either ;).

I got a cool photo of some new candles Em got for Chistmas last night and will probably post one of them for today's photo after I get home. Maybe I will walk around the apt. complext when I get home and see if I can get any interesting ones before Emily gets home from work. Best part of being on the beach? Getting to leave around 2 on Fridays :).

No comments: