Monday, February 5, 2007

Just call me K2

BRRRRRRRR
This morning I woke up and turned on the weather channel knowing full well it was damn cold outside but was still surprised when a local weather station reported the temperature as -1. I hoped and prayed that the value was the work of a lazy programmer and possibly some type of division by zero error. It wasn't. :( Lets just say the 4 block walk was a bit chilly this morning. Although I think at a certain point, the body feels the same amount "cold" as if it was much warmer, just because its in shock at how cold it really is. (FYI, in case you were wondering, todays high in San Diego is 72F)

Good Morning K2
Evidently, at some point in the past few weeks I unknowingly became buddy-buddy with the pepper jack cheese in our fridge. Yes, I said the cheese. As I was making my lunch this morning I noticed that the slice of cheese I was opening had the following written on it: "VV Open Here K2 VV" The VV's, I assume, were pointing to the edge of the wrapper just below the lettering. And the words "Open Here" are obviously directions. I can only assume the "K2" is my nickname amongst the slices. I am not sure if the slice of cheese currently on my sandwich has a nickname, but I will ask him today around 11:30. I really hope he doesn't answer, it will make enjoying the sandwich much harder, although not impossible. [EDIT :: Mr. Cheese Slice did not respond to my repeated attempts to ask him his nickname. He chose to go silently. It was for the best.]

Epics Battles in my Cereal Box
I finished off the Frosted Mini-Wheats this morning and was left with a rather large pile of amputated and dismembered Mini-Wheat parts. It was really a rather ghastly scene. Does anyone else wonder how or why so many pieces of cereal are cut down in their prime!? They were so young! It seems like a senseless waste. [EDIT :: While trying to think of the word "amputated" I Googled for "lose an arm" for which a result was the following question on Yahoo Answers: Singapore. Its a very interesting question, and I can only agree with the "Best Answer - Chosen By Voters"]

Puppy Bowl III
This year's Puppy Bowl was just as good if not better than last years. For those of you who don't know, the cable channel Animal Planet has gotten into the habit of showing puppies for most of SuperBowl Sunday. They put little cute puppies into a small "stadium" and film them for hours. Every once in a while they add some new toys, change camera angles (sideline cams, overhead cams, bowl cams...), or add/remove a dog. It is surprisingly good television. I am not sure if its more of a statement on today's tv shows or the cuteness of puppies, but I have to say its better than your average sitcom.

** Finally, thanks Jeff for the Google spreadsheet info and tips. Jeff may have provided me with a way to do what I wanted with Google maps, but the details still need to be ironed out. More posts to come when I know more. **

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope that your brain has thawed from the walk this morning...I am thinking that an icy brain may have something to do with the comments on our pepper jack cheese :) love you!

Anonymous said...

re mini wheat remains: you go and suspect a cereal killer w/ hardly a shred of evidence.

re k2: em is right, if you are talking to your sliced cheese you are having a brain freeze. on the other hand, if you are talking to your cut cheese you are having a brain fart. and if the cheese talks back, or even if it moves just a little, then you have a more serious problem. try not to make eye contact as you back away.