Thursday, February 8, 2007

! STOP THE PRESSES !

Capgemini Group acquires Software Architects and expands US operations
Chicago - Paris, February 8, 2007 – Capgemini, one of the world's foremost providers of Consulting, Technology and Outsourcing services, today announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement for the acquisition of the U.S company Software Architects Inc., provider of information technology consulting services, whose operations will be integrated into those of Sogeti USA. The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions, including the approval of Software Architects’ shareholders and anti-trust clearance.
I will post details when I get them and/or when I have a chance. No idea what exactly this will mean, how it will effect me, etc .... and probably won't for a while. All of us Sark's out at GAIC are talking about it and our past interactions with Sogeti folk. On the up side, it looks like Sogeti has offices in St. Louis and whenever its final, our benefits will be better :) :-/.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ZOW! I hope it means all good things. I guess Sogeti is one of Capgemini's US arms? Maybe it's your transfer ticket back home. On croise les doigts !

Anonymous said...

Hey, this sounds exciting! It would be great if this helps you guys come home. luv ya

Josh Schramm said...

neat. Your Sogati has offices in seattle, cleveland, NYC, lots of places. Big step for sark.

Anonymous said...

Well.. greetings from across the ocean: if dutch Sogeti culture is anything like US Sogeti culture, it won't be a bad move :-)
And what's more: they recognise 'architecture' as an important ingredient for succesfull IT (at least in the netherlands, see http://eng.dya.info/Home/ )

Good luck and maybe welcome to the club!

Anonymous said...

re: taking ownership. that's sort of a paranoid position to take isnt' it? we will take it under advisement. j/k - your dad