Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Cold Valentine's Day

A second wave of winter storms rolled through last night leaving Em and I without power from around 6pm yesterday to this morning (Kroger next store had power somehow). Off and on throughout the night the power would kick on for a second or two and then go back off. It was very frustrating. Several of our friends offered to take us in (Thank you), but we ended up braving it. Luckily we had plenty of blankets and ended up being warm enough. It was actually quite peacefully since no one around us was making any noise.



We still haven't gotten a call saying our power should be back on (as Duke energy said they would) but all well. It is. Refreshingly ... the Blue Ash fire dept. sent out an automated call to all Blue Ash residents saying that they had opened up a shelter at the fire house for anyone who needed a place to stay late last night. I was pretty impressed with that.



This morning (and yesterday) I walked around a bit and took a few photos of the ice and snow. Unfortunately since it was raining/sleeting yesterday, I couldn't get any really good ones without getting myself and the camera very wet. {The pic below is of some huge tubes a construction company has in Kroger's parking lot. No idea what they are going to be used for but they are big!. Other pics can be found here}


I am home today (took a sick day since I had no way to check the road conditions this morning and since I didn't sleep much. Tonight Em and I are going out for a nice dinner which I will post a review of after or tomorrow. Should be yummy.

2 comments:

Jeff Scudder said...

Very cool pictures. Sorry to hear about the power outage.

Anonymous said...

road info -- http://www.buckeyetraffic.org/

not sure how often they update info, but nice nonetheless