Thursday, February 8, 2007

Update w/o Sark news

[I meant to post this yesterday before leaving work, but got tied up]
I was planning on having my next post be about the Sark/Sogeti news, but I haven't gotten much concrete information yet and there are a few other things I wanted to post ... so here they are:

Darts starts back up tonight with a match at 7:30. I am psyched b/c the matches are always a lot of fun and I will get a chance to see some Sark's I don't normally see. Plus with today's news, there will be plenty to talk about. Only downside is that Em has class tonight so she won't be getting back home until when I have to leave. Good thing she loves me :) [EDIT: we won!!! 11-4. Granted it took forever and was WAY WAY smoky, but we WON!]

This weekend is a Sark outing to go Tubing at PerfectNorth which should be a lot of fun .... and our second broomball game of the season. We "lost" our last game but only b/c of a sexist rule (girl goals count as 2 points). We scored and they scored once, so I say we tied. Goal for this week, is to score more points than the other team so there is no confusion.

Tuesday we got a "big" snow storm across the tri-state area. Pretty much shutdown things for the night. GAIC was kind enough to close their downtown businesses so that people could go home early (granted that just meant sitting in traffic earlier in the day, but it was a sound idea). So I got to leave around 2pm and got to sit in traffic for the next 1.5+ hours. All well, a few guys I work with had 2+ hour commutes home and lived much closer than me. It was the first time I had the "new" Sonata in the snow and it handled well. No sliding but it took it a second or 2 to catch when starting from a standstill. I can't complain. [Edit: I heard up-state NY got over 5' of snow over the past couple days ... makes our 6 inches seem pretty lame ;) ]

I have started two Google Code Projects, mag-games and photessera, to allow others to see my code and hopefully get some good input on the projects. I am currently in the process of putting up the code I have so far, organizing what I have, and getting some project info up in the wiki. If anyone has any suggestions, comments, ideas, or wants to help out ... please let me know. :) I will post small updates as I get things uploaded or I make some progress on the projects, but you can check their pages for more up-to-date info.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, pretty amazing snow depths. see this article

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17063535/

did you get my email(s)?

Unknown said...

Did you play across the river where smoking is allowed or did you just get set up with one of the few bars that decided to still allow rampant smoking until the rules are set? I got so used to not coming home smelling like smoke that I was shocked last Friday night when I did come home with the old stank of cigarettes.

Unknown said...

One more thing, I don't know how it thinks my Blogger identity is "Charles" considering I never put "Charles" down.

Benjamin P Lee said...

no we played in Ohio

most bars/restaurants I have been in in Ohio have been really good about it, but a few of the bars we played darts at definitely didn't care one lick about the new law.

If this place told people to stop smoking they would lose ALL of their business. They have a large room with aprox. 16 dart boards in it and all of them were being used for league play. I would say of the maybe 100 people in the room, 10-20 weren't smoking. If that. In the main bar area there were maybe 15 people and half of them were smoking too.