Wednesday, February 28, 2007

SCDJWS

You are NOT reading the blog of a Sun Certified Developer of Java Web Services.

Hopefully, you are reading the blog of a SOON to be SCDJWS. Today I got the go-ahead to expense the exam and will be scheduling it for early to mid April if all goes well. Assuming I pass, which I intend to work hard to make sure of, I will be a SCJP, SCWCD, and a SCDJWS. Oooooh lots of letters :)


You mask ask, "Why get certified? Certifications are overrated and no one pays attention to them!" Well, you may be right, but studying for the certification gives me a clearly defined goal to work toward and a reason to go beyond the minimum learning. Since I am working with the everyday, and they are here to stay at least for the foreseeable future, I may as well know them inside and out. I really would like to get my SCJD cert since its more actual development oriented and project based, but since its more expensive (2 tests) and clients ask for it less (evidently they usually just require SCJP) Sark won't pay for it.

1 comment: