Trusted Trio
Lifehacker consistently has interesting articles and life tips.
A while back I saw this article which caught my attention and am in the midst of trying to implement it in my life. I often have trouble staying in touch with people (be it via email or any other method). Its not that I don't care, or don't want to talk .... its a bigger problem. I procrastinate replying and within a short amount of time some combination of the following happens: I find that I have a large amount of things to say and never feel like I have adaquate time to say them and/or enough time passes that I am unsure on how to respond. Its completely of my own doing and I am trying to deal with it.
To help me, I am going to try and follow LH's method of dealing with email (and used in other areas) by separeating all of my incoming communication into three bins (archive, hold, and followup) and returning all emails that just require a quick response as soon as I read them. No excuses.
You can read more about their suggestions (especially about keeping your to-do list out of your inbox) here ... but be warned. If I start sending you way more emails than I used to, its b/c of this. :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment