Saturday, November 10, 2007

Customer Service

Its been a great 24 hours for customer service.

Last night we went out for dinner with my parents and some other parts of my family to a great restaurant here in town to celebrate my Dad's birthday and had an exceptional meal, time and service. The Piccolo Fritto had some type of pumpkin in it as one of the vegtables which was amazing. I had a bite of my dad's terrine which was pretty good, Em loved her goat cheese and beet salad. She had the gnocchi which melted in your mouth, and I had the amazing New Zealand rack of lamb. mmmm mmm good. Em had a great mini chocolate cake for desert and I had Affogato (espresso over ice cream). Soooo good.

Today I called USAA (hands down the best phone customer service of any company I have ever dealt with) and was able to close my old checking account, transfer funds, and find out some other info in just a couple minutes. Example of above average service ... the first guy who answered couldn't cancel my account and let me know I would have to talk to someone else. Instead of transfering me, or giving me some other number or whatever, he put me on hold for about 30 seconds, got someone else on the line who could do what I needed, explained the whole situation and then asked me if I had any other questions for him and let the girl take it form there.

Finally, I called Charter Communications (cable) to cancel our digital service. Currently we have digital + showtime (freebie for 3 months) for ~$50. We don't watch too much cable and would rather do other things than sit in front of the TV all night so I wanted to cancel. Well the lady I got wanted to try and keep me as a customer and offered me several deals. I wasn't trying to get a better deal, just cancel it after our current bill was up, but she was determined and very nice about it so I let her talk for a couple minutes. In the end I got december free via a credit and if I don't cancel I get the digital - showtime for $39.99 garaunteed for 12 months. Not bad for a 10 minute call.

Now its time to run errands. Tonight is a coworker's son's birthday party. Gotta go get a toy!

No comments: