Parties and Parks
This past weekend was packed full of stuff.
Friday night Em and I went out to dinner and the Funnybone w/ my cousin and his wife. We saw Tim Northern who was decent (although not great). The people in the audience were actually funnier than the comedian for some of the show. This reminded me of when Em and I saw Ian Bagg in Cinci with Sark (b/c we saw him at the Funnybone there, not b/c he was bad, he was Hillarious!). I wonder if he has any CDs ... not sure if they would be the same compared to seeing him live.
Saturday we ran errands, helped move some furniture, put our bikes into winter storage and spent some time enjoying the mild November weather at Laurmier Sculpture Park. Its a nice park here in town where they have large outside art exhibits and sculptures along with a couple short trails and a lot of green space. I will post pictures once they get uploaded to the computer.
Sunday my Mom and I put together a surprise birthday party for my dad. Yes, his birthday was last weekend but some scheduling problems resulted in it being this weekend (which made it all the more surprising!). Mom was able to get a fair number of his friends, family and coworkers to show up. We had it at a nearby bowling alley that had a separate lounge area you could reserve. Fun, food, and pie were had by all.
This week is a short one. I would normally get Thursday and Friday off from my company, but since my client also gets off Wednesday and our office is closed, its forced vacation time for your's truly. Not that paid time off is the worst thing in the world. :-) So the rest of today and tomorrow will be the extent of my week. I have a fairly large list of to-do items I want to check off this week so wish me luck with that. Also, I have to start my shopping for the upcoming holidays and Em's bday.
I will probably either post a ton or not at all over the next few days depending on what I end up doing. If you crave more to read, check out the puzzle blog myself and a few of my college roommates are contributing to. I will probably get rid of my "food blog" in the next few days and try to resurrect the never quite alive professional/tech blog I started. I am envious of how Kev can find the time/energy to post his thoughts in an interesting manor. I have a ton of ideas I would like to talk about but can never seem to actually write them up.

3 comments:
I love short weeks. I got to work yesterday only to find out i had forgotten i had training monday and tuesday. So my only "work" day this week is tomorrow and chances are ill be able to cut out around 3.
Also cool my training is on .NET 2.0 which means sitting here learning new stuff and its actually interesting. If Kevin reads this post he'll think im in the stone age since .NET 3.0 just came out yesterday. However progressive is living in the stone age, im just along for the ride.
very nice.
yep, gotta love corporate environment slowdown. At least your skill set doesn't age as fast in one (it still does compared to the outside world, unfortunately).
Not that I savor, nor live for, correcting you, but, .NET 3.5 was released yesterday. 3.0 came out some months back.
For the curious, in a nut shell:
2.0 = generics, anonymous methods
3.0 = WPF, WCF, Cardspace
3.5 = Lamda Expressions, type inference, anonymous types, and LINQ!
Of course, its really hard to develop 3.0 stuff without VS2008, and since that only came out yesterday 3.0 might as well have too.
Also, thanks for the shout out Ben! Yes, I said shout out.
Post a Comment