New Ear Buds
I forgot to mention in last night's post that I my new ear buds were finally delivered yesterday also.
What new ear buds you might ask? I have wanted a nicer set for a long time now (I, along with many others, never found the ones that came with my iPod very good or comfortable, but wasn't willing to plop down a lot of money for a "better" pair without trying them first) but could never decide on a new pair or felt comfortable paying more than $10-$20 for them (which wouldn't have gotten me a very good pair). Luckily Em's brother got a nice pair from Costco on sale for Christmas and he let me try his and they worked really well. I tried to get a pair right after Christmas but they were sold out. Lucky again, he happened to find the same deal on Amazon.com the next day, so I ordered them.
What did I get? Ultimate Ears' Super.fi 3 in black.
Verdict? Granted I have very little to compare them to, but the sound is good/better than the old ones, the comfort is much better (although the way you put them on/in is a bit tricky at first) and the noise reduction is really nice (especially compared to the ZERO noise reduction that the iPod ones had)
Noise Reduction was one of my main conditions, since I most often wear them at work while listening to music and HATE having to listen to the conversations of anyone and everyone in a cube near me. At the moment I am wearing them and can't hear my keyboard or anything else around me. The only problem I am finding right now is two fold - they are so quiet that I have to turn my iPod down pretty much all the way or it sound really "loud" compared to anything else (not actually a problem) and that when/if someone wants to get my attention they are going to have to touch me on the sholder b/c there is no way I will hear them (probably scare the crap out of me :-p )
You can't beat that considering I purchased them with gift money :)

No comments:
Post a Comment