I am afraid for Sigmund (our Sonata)
No I am not afraid of my car ... but I am afraid for it.
Two unrelated events in the past few days have given me a bit of anxiety about it ....
Two unrelated events in the past few days have given me a bit of anxiety about it ....
First, while driving home from the JUG meeting the other night, I MAY have gotten a ticket. Let me explain. The JUG meeting was on my way home from work and so when I left there I left going my usual way home, except that it was almost 9pm instead of 4:30pm. My route home takes me through a heavy intersection that is usually jammed with cars, but at this point was pretty sparse. As I am coming up to the intersection the left turn signal goes to Yellow. In order to stop I would have had to have slammed on my brakes, so I just stayed going the same speed and went through the intersection. As I was making the left turn, fully in the intersection mind you, the light went red and a big flash suddenly came from behind me. As I quickly remembered, this intersection had been fitted with cameras a few months back to try and stop people from running red lights! Since I only ususually go through it during the day I never noticed the flashes before (a coworker who lives near there says they go off all the time). I don't know for sure if one went off for me (I know for a fact I was well into the intersection while it was yellow and not speeding) or if it was for someone else, but I am going to be pissed if I get a ticket in the mail in a few weeks.
The second event happened Friday night / Saturday morning. Em claims to have heard a lot of screeching and loud noises at some point during the night probably coming from the direction of the apt. parking lot (I claim ignorance since I was asleep). The next morning we get a knock on our door and its one one of our neighbors asking if we were the people who drove the "big black dodge ram" and if we knew who did. I said "no" and let them know who I thought drove it. They then said that some guy in a small car from an apt across the street backed out real fast and slammed into the truck (to the point where he couldn't drive his car easily). Fun! Later a car alarm started going off and I went down to make sure it wasn't ours .... it wasn't ... but when I went down I talked to some other neighbors who were outside for a minute and found out that a bunch of guys had been screwing around in the parking lot the night before, drinking and doing some crazy stuff so they had called the cops ... the next morning this guy crashed his car and the cops were called again and he was taken away b/c he was drunk (still or again) and possibly didn't have a license.
Fun times.
I really hope neither of our cars has anything happen to them,
and can't wait to get a house.
I really hope neither of our cars has anything happen to them,
and can't wait to get a house.

2 comments:
Sounds like an exciting time. As one who has had my car broken into I can say overnight damages are perhaps the least enjoyable kind. Hope all is well.
nothing yet, thank god.
Post a Comment