Big Work Meeting
I had a rather important meeting with the head of our office today over lunch. Most of you who read this blog probably already knew this, and probably already know how it went, but for those of you who don't ... here are the details.
** To those of you who don't, please don't take offense.
I asked a few people for their advice on the meeting and the rest of you are family **
I asked a few people for their advice on the meeting and the rest of you are family **
Today's meeting was centered around a few concerns I had regarding my career growth, my professional growth while on my current assignment, and some questions & comments I had about some office activities.
The meeting went very well. Ideal would have been a raise effective immediately. That didn't happen. But the next best thing did .... I confirmed that I am on track for a promotion around the end of the year that should come with a pay increase that will put me on track with my work, had all of my questions answered, confirmed that I will be helping out with our new college recruitment program and will be able to attend the NoFluffJustStuff conference again this year (this time in STL near the end of Sept.). So thats good. I still have to wait till the end of the year for the reviews to go through, and I have to do a fair bit of prep work and paper work before hand ... but thats the normal process. All in all, it was a good day. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment