skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- Over the past couple weeks or so, I have lost several hours of my life to flash games such as this, this, this, and another that was on Digg the other day. They are pretty darn complex and interesting little puzzles. With a coworker, we figured out the Crimson Room, I couldn't figure out the Veridian Room without cheating (there is just no way, without sacrificing a good week of your life, to figure those damn things out), but I did figure out by myself the White Chamber and the one on Digg (they were much more puzzle oriented and less click wildly until something happens, which I liked). If anyone else checks them out, let me know what you think.
- Last Thursday, Starbucks gave away free coffee to anyone who showed up between 10am and noon. Since there is one in the plaza level of our building, we had to check it out. It was quite the spectacle ... they could hardly keep up with the line of people forming. Although, I guess, if they can get just a few more addicts for each location its worth it. Its amazing the caffeine addiction some people have! Friday was a "tenant appreciation day" for our building, so they had free cookies and drinks downstairs. Yay for free stuff!
- Friday, I went out to lunch with some guys I work with and we headed to a place in the next block called Rise and Shine. I don't know exactly how to describe it. Its a small restaurant downtown where the outside looks pretty normal, the inside kinda reminded us of a Bob Evans, and the menu consisted of breakfast food, normal American fare (burgers, etc) and Thai food. Yep, Thai food. It is very strange, but pretty good. Me and another guy actually ended up getting the buffet (all Thai food) and they just handed us empty containers and we piled in as much as we could fit. The quality was just ok, but they made up for it in quantity.
- Last night, Em and I partook in the Hartzell Methodist Church Fish Fry which is near our apt in Kenwood. I have to say, it is by far the best run fish fry I have ever been to. Their prices are good, they are very efficient (after you buy your tickets for what you want, they have people wait briefly in the chapel while an old lady plays some great piano. Every couple minutes they figure out how many people have left the dining hall and let that many new in, it works great), the fish and side items were very good, they offer unlimited seconds on fish, there aren't a million little kids yelling or running around, drink is included, and they have home made desserts which are included in your meal. Hurray for homemade cherry pie!!!!!
- After we left the fish fry, Em needed new dress shoes to go with her suit so we went into the Kenwood mall area and got her a pair along with a new pair of brown dress shoes for me (given that I have worn my current pair pretty much everyday since starting work w/ Sark-Sogeti, I think I deserve a new pair ;) ). After that we checked out the new market that just opened up near there. Its a The Fresh Market, and its a cross between Trader Joes and Dorothy Lane Market. Great looking food, nice layout, not too big, and OK prices (you actually get what you pay for). I am debating on going back today or tomorrow to pick up some things to eat this week .... maybe a nice salmon fillet since Em doesn't like it. So many choices
- I will be fending for myself this week b/c Em is on her way to STL as I write this. She will be there till mid next week visiting with her family, who will all be there, and attending a school career fair. Hopefully she will have a good/safe time :).
- Other than that, not a whole lot is new or exciting. I am planning on trying to get a lot of work done over the next few days, catch up on studying for the SCDJWS exam, and working on my various programming projects. Yep, it shaping up to be one hell of a nerdy weekend.
1 comment:
When is your SCDJWS exam?
I hope Em gets some good leads at the job fair
warning! may become habit forming:
flash games, coffee, cookies, shopping
Post a Comment