Small Update
- new root beer - the other weekend I got a 6 pack of a new root beer: Henry Weinhard's Root Beer. Overall I have to say it was very good, but not as good as the last. This one had less of a bite and was a bit smoother. It also had a distinct vanilla flavor which was good (making it a kind of cross between cream soda and root beer). I have to thank Em's mom for suggesting it (she had had some back in Colorado?).
- streaming png work (almost there) - I have the bulk of the work done on my streaming PNG encoder side project. Em babysat last night so I had some time to work on it. I have made some good progress and the parts I have left I think I already know how to do.
- great weather - Friday it was almost 70 degrees here in Cinci!!!! Unfortunately I was in the office all day, but it still made the walk back to the car and the drive home very nice. Today Em and I spent some time at the park walking around which was great. I am SO READY for spring!
- bean salad - my grandma makes a great bean salad and over the last couple weeks I have made it twice. A can of mixed beans plus just under a 1/4 cp. oil, vineger, a splash of apple cider vinegar, and a 2 or 3 table spoons sugar. Mix to coat and let sit for an hour or two. SO yummy!
- corned beef and cabbage - tonight for dinner we(Em) made corned beef and cabage. Mmmm Mmmm Gooood. So simple, just time consuming. Em also made some Irish Soda bread which was the perfect complement.
- broomball game - lost again, but no major aches or pains and we played well.
- new pics - here are some new pics I have taken recently:

3 comments:
the tree pic looks like a beechwood. did you know what it was?
it was really warm here this weekend too. we went to the orchid show at the botanical garden Sat. and to the zoo today. plus we went to a cuban/latin restaurant tonight. all the birds are back, joggers are out. spring is definitely in the air.
yay anytime you want to make corned beef and cabbage . . one of my favorite meals.
ttly
I don't know what kind of tree it was, but there were several in the area around it which were the same, all relatively young, and all still had the same kind of leaves still on them.
I was mainly surprised that the leaves were still there given the whole winter and all the ice we got.
on closer look, it seems like a dogwood. but I don't remember any dogwood leaves hanging on thru winter. pin oaks (red oaks) do tend to hold onto a lot of their leaves until late winter, even early spring, but this tree is definitely no kind of oak. were all the ones you saw small trees?
Post a Comment