Monday, March 12, 2007

Argh! Signed Bytes can kiss my butt!

I am not one for flaming about what programming language, IDE, etc is best or worst or whatever. I say, if build it, and it works to spec, then who cares.

That being said ... the fact that there isn't any easy way to work with unsigned byte data in Java (BC every fricken primitive type is signed) is really starting to piss me off!

3 comments:

Alex said...

Agreed. This is one area where java is extremely annoying. Have fun at work tomorrow btw! :)

Jeff Scudder said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff Scudder said...

A resounding yes from me as well! On one project I was writing at home, I converted all bytes to ints, but there were still cases where I had to use a utility function to add 256 if x < 0.