Saturday, March 17, 2007

4r3 u l337 enuf 2 r34d th15?

For those geeks and wanna-be-geeks in the croud, here is yet another "Geekness Test". This one is pretty long and intense. Personally, it says I am 22.5% geek. Prior to taking the test I would have guessed it was higher, but I guess the fact that I never crossed the D&D/Band/Renaissance Fair line and married a non geek means I get to be somewhat "normal" ;)

Not sure if this fact would have changed anything, but I spent the bulk of today reading about how to implement web services with J2EE technolgies and working on writing my own streaming PNG encoder in Java. Crazy that that is at only 22.5%!

----------------

On a good note, I finally got the PNG filtering working! On a bad note I found out the problem was an absent minded mistake of mine (NOTE TO SELF: subtracting the previous filtered value from the current one is NOT the same as previous input value). Its pretty amazing what filtering can do to improving the compression ratio of the DEFLATE algorithm. I will post some stats later when I have the rest of the filters finished and have written a driver for the encoder.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

n0, it's g33k to me,
er, it' greek to me

Fact 1
compare your blog photo to this other person's
your mom & I don't look anything like this

Fact 2
your mother and I speak english but you l337 sp33k

Fact 3
babies can be accidentally swapped at nurseries

We need DNA tests, not geekness tests!

Anonymous said...

37% and change. woot.


i think saying woot should earn me another point.

Unknown said...

Enough of this leet speak. I demand a new update!