Wednesday, June 11, 2008

So Close I can Taste It

Monday we had our final walkthrough and I am happy to report that everything looked good. Our only concern is if the current owners will be out in time. When we walked through they still had the majority of their stuff there (much of it packed in boxes, but still in every room). Hopefully they took off yesterday and/or today and moved it all ... but we shall see. We close in the morning on Thursday and they close around lunch time, so if all goes as planned, we will be able to go in our new house in the afternoon. :-)

Another concern that turned out to be a non-issue was a small leak the current owners had reported to us via the realtors. It turns out that sometime last week they noticed a small amount of water coming from the wall in the basement ... but on the other side of the house from where they had had problems in the past. This worried us, so we told them to have someone come out and look at it, figure out what it was and hopefully fix it. They did. It turns out that there was a small opening where the gas lines enters the foundation ... and only b/c we had had so much rain recently that a small amount of water made its way through the opening next to the pipe (this is on the side with a hill going away from the house). They had someone out yesterday to fix the opening and that should be that.

So other than trying to pack some more and wondering if they are all moved out, not much is going on until tomorrow. :-)

Oh, and we lost our softball game. We are now 1-1-1-2-4 (win/loss/tie/bye/rain). My hitting was solid (3:3 w/ ~3 RBI and 2 runs) but our defense had some really poor innings (this included me .... I have to remember to not try and barehand hard hit grounders, they don't pan out well).

4 comments:

Alex said...

How do you have ~3 RBIs?

Benjamin P Lee said...

I couldn't remember exactly how many I had ... I know I hit in at least 2 and I think it was more.

Anonymous said...

You officially become homeowners today!? How exciting!

What time should we be there tomorrow night for the inaugural BBQ? ;-)

Seriously - congrats a little early!

Benjamin P Lee said...

We did indeed. :-)

Thank you.

And the first BBQ won't be for a couple weeks b/c we won't have the bbq over there till then ... but from then on its every weekend if I can get Em to agree ;-)