Sunday, June 29, 2008

Busy and work, busy at home, listing to Pandora

It seems like 80% of my posts start with me saying something about being busy.

Well, lets continue the trend.

Its been a busy week[end].

This past week our National Sex Offender Registry project started back up after a new statement of work was signed so we have been hard at work implementing a couple of additional features to our original application. Its nice to be moving forward with this again and nearing the finish line. Good projects are always a good thing, but if you don't ever finish and hand if off "done" to somone else, there isn't the closure that should be there. However, trying to jump back into a project after a few weeks of working on completely different stuff in a different language leaves you with a few hours where you feel like your running around with your head cut off trying to figure out where things are :)

Also this week we finished up some work on an internal application and found out that another project I am supposed to be helping out with (.Net realty website) will be starting soon so I will have to try and juggle some work for both for the next couple weeks. Should be fun and make for some really short and some really long days.

This weekend was a packed one. We cleaned our apartment for the last time and turned in the keys. It was a good apartment and served our needs well but I found that I didn't really miss it. Leaving Cinci was definitely harder (leaving jobs, friends, etc) but this time it just seemed like an upgrade which is a good thing I guess.

Along with cleaning we purchased and put together (took forever) a couple of nice bookcases for the office, fixed the drain to the washer (and it doesn't leak ;-) ), got fertalizer and fertalized and sprayed some weed stuff on the lawn, unpacked more and had a nice cookout tonight with some of my family and enjoyed the unseasonably cool weather.

This week .... work, Em works a day, softball, cleaning the gutters and hopefully finding some time to relax. Oh and since Em's parents are going out of town for a day and half ... Harry their lab is coming to stay with us for a two nights. It will be cool having a dog here but interesting to see how he deals with all of the hardwood floors and the new environment. Wish us luck :) It should be a good trial run for getting a new dog (next on our list of things to do).

Oh, and I have been listening to Pandora a ton this weekend. I remember reading about it a long time ago but never really checked it out. Its pretty impressive. Give it a few seeds of songs/artists you like and it plays really good music for the most part, online, and free. Can't beat that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how I made it through my work days prior to my discovery of Pandora. It's a great site!