Apraisal, long week, sore arm
We got news today that our house was appraised for 5% more than what we paid which is very nice because A) it means we didn't pay too much for it, B) instant "return" on investment :-p, and C) thats 5% less we have to go toward 20%. :-)
I forgot to mention in my last post that I ended up deciding to go with the "normal" PMI route after all. After a ton of excel-spread-sheet-ing and going back and forth I decided that given the fact that we intend to pay a bit extra each month, it was more likely we would live in our house longer than the break-even points (I did the math was 10%/12.5%/15% and extra month payments ranging from $0 to $300). Now with the added "free" equity we get on the house with the numbers went even lower so I am guess-timating that the break-even point is around 4.6 years which should be much less than our stay in the home.
This week is shaping up to be a long but interesting one. This weekend Em and I are traveling to Louisville for a college roomate's wedding (90% of my 15 readers will be there) which should be a great time. In order to take off Friday and not have to use vacation hours (I don't have that many saved up since I started the new job) I am working extra each day this week. The good thing is that the work is really interesting right now and we are making some real progress on our current project.
Also, tomorrow night we have our first softball game of the season. It is going to be interesting to see how the league and the team plays (slightly different rules than what we had in Cinci) and I have heard we finished aprox. second last year which is promising. A few guys and I went out at lunch and threw a couple balls around for 30 minutes and many my arm is tired already. At least I know I haven't lost everything since the last time I played.
Speaking of games with balls and bats .... last week I was the winner of the company's Cards tickets so Em and I went with my cousin and his wife (we had a blast). The seats were real nice and we saw a great game which is always the most important part.
Oh, and today I finally broke down and wore shorts to work. ;-) I know, poor me. Its funny how you get used to wearing "real" clothes to work and how it still makes me feel weird going to work in shorts, tennis shoes and a polo. Nice, but weird.

5 comments:
Happy Birthday!
~Kim
What do you mean when you say break even?
PS. Today is your b-day!!
We had a blast too! Thanks again for taking us to the game!
...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!!! :-)
thank you :)
** I will post an explanation tonight.
Happy Birthday!!
And Happy Earth Day!
luv ya always, mom
Post a Comment