Sunday, February 17, 2008

Flowers and more Flowers

The last few days have been all about the flowers. This past week I took roses to Em's work for Valentines day. The night of, we went out to dinner to Big Sky Cafe and had an amazing dinner. To read what he had to eat, click here.

Today was my Mom's birthday; Happy Birthday Mom! I spent the day with my parents and we took in the Missouri Botanical Garden's annual Orchid Show which was pretty amazing. The shear number of different types of orchids they packed into that green house was amazing. How they can be so similar to each other and different than your average local flower ... and yet unique was pretty cool to see. Some of my MANY photos are below and more are on my Picasa "STL" album with the same description...













I am hoping to take pictures frequently at the botanical gardens this spring and summer. They have some amazing collections there. Also, they have a few other locations around STL that have various exhibits that are pretty neat.

Not much else happened in the last few days besides some good times with our friends and family and the normal work stuff. Em gets President's day off, but not I. I will be at work as usual ;-)

No comments: