All over the place
I am tired!
Partially b/c while my generic Zertec has been working well, its not fool proof.
Partially b/c its been a busy couple weeks.
Up until today it was all good stuff.
A couple weekends ago we went to Louisville for Nate's wedding. Its always great seeing the gang and hanging out, plus weddings are tons of fun (especially when your not worrying about anything). Surprisingly, I didn't take too many photos (I haven't been taking many lately anywhere) but here are a few of my favorites:
Captions and a few more pics after the jump...
Last Saturday Em had a very busy day involving detention (administering, not sentenced), going out with some of her Truman friends to Bailey's Chocolate Bar (she said it was amazing) and found time in between to play beautifully at church.
Well, church is an understatement. My aunt is a nun and a member of the School Sister's of Notre Dame. This past weekend was a large mass and celebration of their 175th year of existence as an order, and their 150th year in the St. Louis area. 150 years ago a small group came from Germany and started teaching in downtown St. Louis at the then St. John's church. Today, the Shrine of St. Joseph is a huge and remarkably restored church. Last weekend several members of the family and I took in mass with a whole gaggle (I am not sure what the term for a group of nuns is ;-) ) of nuns at St. Josephs where Emily played with the orchestra and decently sized choir and heard mass from Arch Bishop Raymond Burke. It was very interesting and inspiring sitting through mass with that many people who all REALLY believe and love their calling.
To round out the good stuff, Em finally had her official interview for the counseling position she is currently working in (she filled in for a woman on maternity leave this year) and from all accounts it went very well. I am confident and she is nervous. I bet I win out ;-)
Oh and we won our softball game!
Now for the bad ......
It took me 4 hours to get to work this morning b/c of car trouble. Actually, it wasn't really car trouble so much as it acted a little funny as I was leaving for work and the check engine light came on. I took it to Auto Zone but they couldn't read the diagnostic code so I drove out to the nearest dealership and waited 2 hours (1 before they could see it, 1 to diagnose) to ultimately find out that my fuel pump had a bad seal and that they would be ordering me a new one an fixing under warranty (thank God). So then after waiting for Enterprise to pick me up (yay free rental), waiting for my car and then driving clear across town to get to work, I finally got there 4 hours later. So for the time being I have a Mazda 6 and need to call in the morning to find out when my Sonata will be fixed (first problem of any kind).
Also today we got a letter stating that the funds from a check we deposited in JANUARY has in a round-about way, been un-deposited b/c of a banking error. From the little we could gather its b/c of a probably typo either when the check was issued or when it was processed but in either case we are left with a annoying mess to straighten out without anyone easily to blame, 4 months of interest in limbo and an account missing a decent chunk of $$$ that was there yesterday .... and through no fault of our own. Good thing is is that it won't effect us in any immediate financial way (it came out of our emergency fund) and won't effect the house buying, but its still a huge hassle.
Oh and it has rained a ton the last two days and I have tons of work to do. Interesting and fun work, but still work. Bring on the weekend!

4 comments:
marriage as it turns out is not a zero sum game for both money and for who's right or wrong.
example 1 - A joint bank acct seems like a zero sum pot. But observe. You take out some money for you. Then you go to the restaurant and she orders dinner and reminds you that she didnt' go to the atm. then you pay for her dinner and realize that you didn't take your out your money, you took out her money and held on to it for her.
example 2 - having a difference of opinion seems like, the righter you are, the wronger she is. then you predict something and she predicts the opposite. the thing happens, and you claim point out your win. later when you are trying to sleep on the couch you realize the error in that logic.
btw, sorry to hear you had car trouble, glad it wasn't anything big.
- dad
yep
logic is absolute
but only when women let it be
:-)
Epic post. The church looked cool. I think I've only been to one or two masses. And one of them was in German, in Germany as a matter of fact. Sorry, I don't know where I was going with that.
no problem.
didn't you go in high school? I remember you taking it then.
Post a Comment