Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Labor Day Weekend Wrapup

Happy Belated Labor Day (and congrats to all of us American who are working too hard ;-) )

Em and I had a rather lazy Labor Day weekend which I think was perfect. Between actually getting to sleep in, getting cable near the end of last week (finally) in our new apartment, 2 different BBQs with Em's family, Tempura night with at our apartment with my parents and watching Em beat my dad at XBox .... it was a good weekend.

** Tempura night went better than I was expecting (I feared large amounts of grease everywhere and a few days of food smell, but niether happened luckily). The second grocery store I went to had tempura batter which made making a TON of food a piece of cake. Between the peppers, broccoli, cauiflower and sweet potatos, we had plenty of food. I also tried out a recipe for PopCorn Chickpeas. Flavor was good and a fast and easy snack ... but they didn't turn out crispy like they should have. My guess was that I needed to have the oil hotter before I put them in. Definetly going to try these again. **

Today I was supposed to have an allday follow-up class on TDD/TFD (Monsanto offers an internal certification which this class is a step toward: 3 day class, 1 day class, X number of hours of using the technique with mentor review...), but the instructor was sick so it was back to my normal work.

I have some more house-hunting info to post and I want to get a post or 2 about personal finance topics up soon, but I haven't finished any of the posts yet. Thanks Kooz for the tip about the county websites (assesments and tax info). STL county has a real nice website and a ton of information on it.

This weeks goals are to actually secure a safety deposit box, finish up scanning our important documents, and get them to the bank. Also, hopefully I will be able to catch up on my scanning/shredding of bank statements/bills so that they are in the computer and not in our filing cabinette.

No comments: