Thursday, July 5, 2007

Moved to STL and back again

We are officially moved. :)
And I am back in Cincinnati for the next 2+ weeks. :(

The past few days have been full of packing, moving, unpacking, and trying to get settled. Thanks to a ton of help from friends and family everything was moved without any problems. And besides from being a rather expensive few days, everything went off without a hitch. Almost everything has been unpacked at the new place and I am sure Em will get to the things that are left quickly. Our new place is really nice. Yes its a bit on the dated side (the cabinets are ugly as all get out and the carpet is a bit old) but its a great location, has all new appliances including a washer & dryer, way more space, an newly renovated pool/club house/fitness center, and is cheaper than our old place. Its a 3rd floor, 2 bedroom apt. with a large eat-in-kitchen, a small storage room with the washer/dryer and utilities and decent sized bathroom. Oh, and its got the best fake-stone wall covering outside on the patio. ;-).

Before I had to leave to come back to Cincinnati yesterday, Em and I didn't get a whole lot done that wasn't related to the move other than picking a new addition to the family. Unagi is our new beta and will hopefully hold down the fort as the man of the house while I am gone :). He looks similar to our first fish, Frank (RIP), but has a lighter body and blue fins.


I would have posted sooner but as of this morning we still don't have phone/internet in the new place. I ordered home phone service and DSL a while back for the new place to be setup on Monday but it came and went and nothing was turned on. Tuesday we called and found out that the previous tenant had failed to turn off her service so ATT wouldn't install ours until she did. Well, according to them, it should be on today, but I don't fully understand why they couldn't just change the service assuming I was willing to pay, but whatever. Friday, we are getting DishNetwork installed. This will be my first time trying satellite. Their rates were a fair bit better than cable and offered more for the money so we are going to try them. According to the guy on the phone there won't be a contract and minimal install fees so thats good. I still don't know/understand how they get the cable inside from our patio ... anyone know this?

I will be spending the next couple weeks in Cincinnati finishing up work on at my current client and staying with some generous coworkers. One really nice thing is that my commute has been cut down to under 10 minutes. I still have to figure out what I will be doing in the evenings besides studying for my web services certification (a number of us are going to study together and take it in August which will be helpful), trying to get my work done and playing Halo 2 on my coworked HUGE HD tv. If any of you Dayton-ites that read this are interested ... I was thinking about coming up either this weekend or next. Let me know if you will be around.





The pictures in this post are from the new apt (please pardon the mess, they were taking at random points during the moving process) as well as a couple from the butterfly exhibit at the Krohn Conservatory. I have more that actually have butterflys in them .. but they are still on the Mac in STL.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll be around, if somewhat busy with homework