Work-Shmerk
I took off yesterday (slept like crud, plus 16 vacations days burning a whole in my ... ok so I just wanted the day off). What did I do instead of go to work? Watched a TON of Bones ... probably my new favorite show, and worked on getting all of Em's and my financial and other important documents all scanned into the computer and the old ones shredded. I can say I am almost done and completely sick of the process. The "in theory" process of scanning all new stuff once ever week or so and shredding old stuff is great "in theory". In practice I am prone to fits of laziness which cancel out most good intentions.
All well, moving is a good motivator (now way I was packing up all that stuff and taking it with us).
Nothing is really new other than I was back at work today where I ran into several problems which thoroughly pissed me off at the time. Poorly written APIs may yet be the death of me. Other than that I am just sitting at home tonight, catching up on a lot of email, updating some profiles, scanning some documents and thinking about reading more of my current book. Which reminds me ... I really want to write about it, and my thoughts on some of its suggestions. So far I am really liking it and would definitely suggest it to anyone who wants to be better at the craft of programming and developing software. Most of the suggestions seem like common sense, but are more often than not the things I see myself wishing I had spent the time on in hindsite when new problems pop up. If anyone has or intends to read it, let me know.
Finally, I would like to post here my LinkedIn pofile link. Yes, I am a convert and yes as Emily puts it, its just like Facebook. I contend that its different on some small level and therefore my denial of ever being on Facebook or MySpace-esque sites still stands ... but all joking aside its a pretty cool site. I say that mainly b/c I have already reaped the benefits of it and have gotten back in touch with several ex-coworkers who left the company or work in other areas of the country. Check it out.

No comments:
Post a Comment